Zoom has become one of the best video conferencing software apps available throughout the world. With the zoom app, you get the opportunity to interact with your co-workers in person during meetings. This app is perfect for small, medium and also large teams. In order to arrange for the meeting, all that you will have to do is to set up a zoom physical hardware and then schedule and launch the zoom meetings.
In order to know about the features of the zoom app, you can go through the points mentioned below:
- One on One meetings
This is a host unlimited one on one meeting and you can conduct this with a free plan.
- Group Video conferences
This sort of a conference can host up to a maximum of 500 participants provided you buy a “large meeting” add on. There is also a free plan where you get to arrange a video conference for up to 40 minutes with maximum of 100 participants.
- Screen Sharing Option
You also have the option of screen sharing where others get to see your screen.
This Is How the Zoom App Works
With Zoom you can have a one to one chat session that can finally grow into chat sessions, group calls, webinars, training sessions etc for both the internal as well as the external audiences. A global meeting can also be arranged with 1000 participants and 49 screen videos. There are a total of four pricing options that this app provides you with. Apart from this there is a Zoom room subscription plan as well.
You can get some more details about the various zoom plans from the discussion given below:
- Zoom Free – With the Zoom free tier you will be able to arrange for an unlimited number of one on one meetings, however, the group sessions has to be restricted to 40 minutes. It also does not allow you to have more than 100 participants. You do not have the option of recording these meetings.
- Zoom Pro – This is a tier that costs $14.99 each month. Here the host will be able to create their personal meeting ids for repeated zoom meeting IDS. Here you also get the option of recording your zoom meetings in cloud or in any other device. But the group meeting durations cannot go beyond 24 hours with this plan.
- Zoom Business – This is the tier that costs $19.99 each month and there has to be atleast 10 meeting hosts. Here you get the option to brand the zoom meetings with vanity URLs and also company branding. It also offers you with the Zoom meeting transcripts that has been recorded in Clouds and also a dedicated customer support.
- Zoom Enterprise – This tier also is priced at $19.99 per month for each meeting. There has to be a minimum of 100 meeting host per meeting. This is meant for those businesses that have more than 1000 employees. Unlimited number of meeting recordings can be stored in cloud for this plan. You also get discounts on the various webinars and the Zoom Rooms.
- Optional Zoom Rooms – For this plan, you get to enjoy a 30 day free trial. After the trial period gets over, the zoom rooms require an additional $49 each month along with room subscriptions. The webinars that are arranged using the Zoom app also cost $40.
Downloading the Zoom App On Your Desktop
The desktop Zoom app is available for both the Windows Operating system and also the Mac Operating system. The mobile app is available for the IOS and Android. You are allowed to join the meeting without signing in. You can however sigh in using a Zoom account, Google, Facebook or SSO. This is the place from where you can start a meeting, join a meeting or even share your screen in the Zoom room. In order to share your screen, all that you will have to do is to enter the zoom meetings, mute or unmute the adudi, start or stop the video and then invite others to the meeting. After this you will need to change the meeting name, do an in-meeting chat and then finally start with a cloud recording. If you are using a desktop, you can also start with a local recording, broadcast your facebook live on facebook, create polls and do many other activities. The desktop app has a number of features. Therefore, even if you are a free user, you have the option of doing a number of things on it.
Zoom Outlook Plugin
You can use Zoom in a number of ways. There is something called a Zoom Outlook Plug in and you can directly use it on your Microsoft Outlook. You can also use it as an add -in for Microsoft Outlook.
Zoom Browser Extensions
If you want to start the Zoom meeting fast, you can put it as an extension for your browser. There is a Zoom Firefox add on and also a Zoom chrome extension that you can use.
Zoom In Your Browser
Joining a Zoom meeting in the browser is quite tricky. But it is certainly possible. You can join the zoom meeting by clicking on the Zoom web client link. There are some clever bods who have started a browser extension that will help you to join the Zoom meeting directly from the browser.
Zoom on TV
If you want, you can also make the Zoom app work on your TV. This way, you will be able to have a video call on the big screen as well.
Recording Zoom Call as Videos
Without taking any permission, you can record Zoom calls as Video. In order to record, it is necessary for the Zoom host to “Enable” the ” Recordings” option under settings. This will ensure that the recording will start as soon as the meeting starts. You can follow the steps below to understand it better:
- First Log in to the Zoom account
- You will then have to click the Account Settings/Meeting Settings
- In the third step, you will have to go to the “Recording Tab” option and then click on “Video Recording” option from there.
The Zoom admins have the authority to activate the recordings for everyone. You can record the meetings either under cloud option or under the local option. Cloud storage is meant only for the paid subscribers.
Recording the Zoom Meetings On The Mobile:
In order to record the Zoom meetings on the mobile, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- You will first have to open the Zoom app on the mobile
- After that you will have to Click to join a meeting or start a meeting
- There is a three dot menu on the bottom right hand side of the screen
- Click on ” Record” or ” Record to the Cloud”
- After this you will get a “Recording” icon and you will be able to either start or pause the recording.
- Once the call gets over, you will be able to check the recordings in ” My recordings” section
Remove the Background Noise From The Zoom Calls
This app has introduced settings with the help of which you will be able to adjust the audio on your call and remove the unnecessary noise on the background. In order to activate this, you will first have to click on the “Settings” option, and then find the “audio options”. Here you will come across a drop-down menu that will have a “suppress background noise”. You can add various levels of suppressions here. The highest level of suppression that is there will remove most of the noise.
Here Are the Best Alternatives To Zoom App
If you want to get some knowledge about the best alternatives to Zoom, you can go through the discussion below:
This is a free Zoom alternative, but this is not the most ideal for business users. It is quite good if you are considering a video conference with a small group of people. This has some very advanced features including screen sharing, file sharing and unrivalled chat options. As of now this app allows just 10 participants.
· Google Duo
When it comes to the video calling, this is another quite popular household name. This is an app that is ideal for informal communications unlike Zoom that is mainly meant for remote communications and are mostly used in enterprises. The maximum number of participants for this app is 12.
· Google Hangouts
Most of you to have a Google account and therefore in all probability, you must have heard about Google hangouts. This is a free Google tool and can be considered as the best Google alternative. This allows the users to host videos. You can also create and schedule the videos. If you are planning to host some kind of a panel discussion, this is the ideal option for you. It can also integrate with the other Google products. This video calls can have a maximum of 10 participants for personal use and 15 participants for Business use.
· MS Teams
This is a unified collaboration and communication tool. It has a free as well as a paid version. There are certain advanced features available with the paid plan. On one video call, the platform can accommodate up to a maximum of 50 participants.
· Click Meeting
This is also quite an easy to use Zoom alternative. With this tool, the users will be able to schedule and share meetings at the same time. You also have the option of recording the live meetings if you are interested in sharing them with others. It is a subscription based service. It offers free trial to the subscribed users. The service can be billed either annually or monthly. The pricing for this app starts at $25 per month. The Zoom app allows people to work from home, keep in touch with each other and continue with their daily flow of work. This is a cloud based video conferencing service and you can either meet each other on audio or video. This app is the ideal solution for the larger companies.