There are several things that you will have to take into consideration when you are trying to choose the right platform for blogging. When making such a choice, there are several things that you will have to take into consideration. There are indeed many blogging platforms available. There are very few platforms, however, that will suit your project requirements.
If you are interested to choose the right blogging platform, then you can go through the discussion given below:
WordPress.com is free. This is a platform that stores the contents of your website on their servers free of cost. This means that the users can receive just a limited version of this Word Press software. But this is still considered to be a good choice for bloggers for whom blogging is a hobby. and who do not want to invest money on these platforms. This is also a good option for all those people who are planning to upgrade to a self-hosted Word Press.
- There are a lot of advantages to using this platform:
- There is no cost involved for setting up this platform
- Using this platform is quite easy.
- You do not require any knowledge in designing or coding
- There are several themes available and you can choose the one that you like the most
This is free software. It charges around 3$ per month for hosting. This is a Word Press blog that is self-hosted and it uses this third party software on a third-party server. You can also install plugins with this platform. Apart from this, the software can also edit the HTML code and make it look much more professional. The word press blog that is self-hosted is ideal for anyone who is not willing to invest more than 2$ per month. This is one of the best for the professional brand builders, the business owners, and other bloggers who want to improve both the functionality and the professional look of their website.
There are many advantages of the Word Press.Org and you can go through the points mentioned below to understand it better.
- This is a platform that is user friendly
- It has full control and also has customization options
- This platforms also provides you access to as many as 20000 plugins and 1500 free themes
- This also provides you with options that are search engine friendly
This is also another free blogging service by Google. This is free but in case you want to use a third party domain, you will have to use a third party domain registrar. This is a platform that offers you a quick and easy way of creating a blog. This is extremely useful for non-tech – savvy users. This is one of the earliest blogging platforms that came into existence and this was first launched by Priya Labs in the year 1999. This was later acquired by Google in the year 2003. They re-designed it in the way we see it today.
This platform has several advantages. To know about the advantages in details, you can go through the points mentioned below:
- This platform is free
- You can manage it quite easily and using this platform is also not at all difficult
- You need not be tech-savvy or having coding expertise to use this
- This can also use the robust platform of google which is an added advantage
- You get the opportunity to get in touch with the online community of people who have a similar type of interest as that of yours.
This is a platform that is a little different from the other blogging platforms. This is a micro-blogging platform and it has some social networking features. This stands somewhere between a full-fledged website and a blog. This is free to use the platform.
There are many advantages to using this platform:
- Setting this up and using it is quite easy.
- It has social networking features and you are also able to follow the other blogs.
- It has some of the best customization features
- With this platform, you do GIFs, blog audio, images and also video
When you choose a blogging platform, you should first understand your requirements. If you understand the features of the various platforms, you will be able to choose the right platform based on your requirements.